Removing duplicate contacts in Microsoft Outlook
I recently started synchronizing all my devices (Pocket PC and mobile phones) with Microsoft Outlook. The good news is that I finally have all my contacts everywhere. The bad news is that I got tons of duplicate contacts as some contacts had the phone number while others had the e-mail. I was about to write my own "merge tool" when I found the free Contacts Scrubber™ for Outlook via Slipstick
The free version can merge up to 1.000 contacts. The registered version has several neat features:
- Ability to process an unlimited number of items
- Ability to create user-defined duplicate definitions
- Auto-processing: scrub duplicates without user intervention
- Ability to scrub across two Contacts folders
- Special bonus: adds an Outlook menu option that lets you scrub open Contact items right from within Outlook!