Safari 3 for Windows (beta)
Safari on Windows has pretty much the same look and feel like iTunes. The user experience should be similar to the Mac:
Internet Explorer 7 launches a lot faster than Safari on my PC, but once Safari is up and running it is pretty neat. According to Apple:
- Blazing Performance: Safari is the fastest web browser on any platform.
- Elegant User Interface: Safari’s clean look lets you focus on the web — not your browser.
- Easy Bookmarks: Organize your bookmarks just like you organize music in iTunes.
- Pop-up Blocking: Say goodbye to annoying pop-up ads and pop-under windows.
- Inline Find: Search any text on any website with the integrated Find banner.
- Tabbed Browsing: Open and switch between multiple web pages in a single window.
- SnapBack: Instantly snap back to search results or the top level of a website.
- Forms AutoFill: Let Safari complete online forms for you, automatically and securely.
- Built-in RSS: RSS tells you when new content is added to your favorite sites.
- Resizable Text Fields: Resize text fields on any website: Just grab the corner and drag.
- Private Browsing: Keep your online activities private with a single click.
- Security: Apple engineers designed Safari to be secure from day one.
It is still a beta and it shows as I got this error the first time I used it:
After re-installing I tracked the problem down to a problem with the proxy server. Only to find that it is impossible to configure it:
Not very user friendly, or helpful, but at least it looks nice :-)