Google Web Accelerator (beta)
Google Web Accelerator configures itself as the proxy for your browser and uses the global computer network of Google to make web pages load faster.
Some are standard proxy techniques:
- Sending your page requests through Google machines dedicated to handling Google Web Accelerator traffic.
- Storing copies of frequently looked at pages to make them quickly accessible
- Managing your Internet connection to reduce delays.
But there are also some interesting ones:
- Downloading only the updates if a web page has changed slightly since you last viewed it.
- Compressing data before sending it to your computer.
- Prefetching certain pages onto your computer in advance.